We want to make every visit to Raintree Animal Hospital a postivie one for both you and your companions. Going to the vet can be scary for our pets, which in turn becomes dreadful for you. Today, we want to share ten tips directly from the American Veterinary Medical Association on making your next veterinary visit a great one.
The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), established in 1863, is a not-for-profit association representing more than 89,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. Structured to work for its members, the AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession.
- Accustom your pet to its carrier and to traveling in the car. Practice putting your pet in their carrier in non-stressful situations with positive reinforcement, such as their favorite treat. When they associate their carrier with posivite experiences, you’ll start your journey off to the vet on the right paw.
- Arrive on time or a few minutes early for your appointment. There may be paperwork we need you to complete, so arriving early ensure you will have plenty of time to do this.
- Share your observations and concerns with your veterinarian – after all, you know your pet better than anyone else does! We want to hear everything. If you have any concerns, however big or small, our team is here to help.
- Ask questions. Ask until you understand. No question is a dumb question, especially when it comes to your pet’s health. The Raintree Animal Hospital team is here to educate and answer all of your questions so you feel comfortable making decisions and caring for your pet.
- Follow your veterinarian’s recommendations. They’re given for one very important reason – to keep your pet healthy! We want what’s best for your lovable companions and will provide our recommendations for care.
We can’t wait to see you and your pets at your next appointment! Have questions before hand? We’re here to help – contact us today.