Looking for a career in veterinary medicine?
Check out our open positions below. If you see one you’re interested, apply below!
Our AAHA accredited small animal hospital is seeking a full-time veterinary nurse. We are a busy 4 doctor, animal hospital located in Fort Collins with great team members, clients, and patients! Looking for a kind, honest person who is a self-motivator with exceptional communication skills! Schedule consists of varied 3.5 days weekly, including some Saturdays. Please apply only if being a Veterinary Nurse is your career or career goal.
To be considered for this position please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Your resume
2. Cover letter
3. References from previous employers (no references from co-workers or friends, please)
- CVT or minimum 1+ year of experience in a clinical setting
- Administer injectable, topical, and oral medications
- Perform common outpatient procedures (i.e. nail trims, ear cleanings, anal gland expression, etc.)
- Safely and humanely restrain patients
- Assist with humane euthanasia as requested
- Evaluate for proper positioning and exposure of radiographs. Adhere to radiographic safety standards.
- Operate and maintain autoclave
- Thoroughly clean, prepare and sterilize surgical equipment
- Administer IV fluids, cleaning, feeding, and walking patients as needed
- Assure safety of patients during all aspects of anesthesia, induction, maintenance, monitoring, and post-operative recovery
- Knowledge in preparing and examination of urine, blood, fecal and ear cytology
- Obtain and record patient case histories using veterinary practice management software (Avimark)
- Collect, prepare, and/or submit requested tests and perform laboratory procedures
- Prepare animals, instruments, and equipment for surgery procedures
- Provide patient dental care, ultrasonic cleaning, polishing, dental x-rays
- Knowledge in diagnostic, medical, and surgical procedures
- Stock and maintain medicines and supplies
- Preparing invoices, discharging instructions, and client information packs
- Client communication: update and provide follow up for hospital patients
- Client education
- Work requires lifting and carrying animals weighing maximum 40lbs. Walk or stand for extended periods or time; frequently works in a bent position
- May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises, and animal feces
- May be exposed to bites, scratches, contagious diseases, and animal wastes
- Hazards associated with aggressive patients, infected animals, and controlled substances
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a clinical setting as a Veterinary Nurse
Salary: $15-18/hr (performance review after 60 days)
Employee Benefits: PTO, discounted veterinary services, uniform allowance, health, and dental insurance, 401(k) after 1 year of employment.