Internship and volunteering opportunities at Raintree
Our Veterinary Technician Internship Program is an opportunity for students who are interested in gaining experience and knowledge as a technician in veterinary medicine. Be prepared to increase your technical skills, gain valuable anesthesia skills, master preventive medical care, and gain confidence with animal restraint.
Interns will assist and work directly with the team technicians to ensure all the daily tasks and preparation for the day are complete. Duties include, but are not limited to, animal handling, cleaning, feeding, and walking patients as needed.
We believe in providing the opportunity for those that are interested in learning more about the following skills:
- Administering IV fluids, injectables, topical and oral medications
- Perform common outpatient procedures (i.e., nail trims, ear cleanings, anal gland expression, etc.)
- Safely and humanely restrain patients
- Evaluate for proper positioning and exposure of radiographs. Adhering to radiographic safety standards.
- Properly clean, prepare and sterilize surgical equipment
- Assure safety of patients during all aspects of anesthesia, induction, maintenance, monitoring, and post-operative recovery
- Preparing and examination of urine, blood, fecal and ear cytology
- Collect, prepare, and/or submit requested tests and perform laboratory procedures
- Prepare animals, instruments, and equipment for surgery
- Patient dental care, ultrasonic cleaning, polishing, dental x-rays
- Assist in diagnostic, medical, and surgical procedures
- Client education
We want you to want to be here!
Excellent interpersonal skills: team player with the ability to work independently.
Hardworking and efficient with good organizational skills.
Flexible with the ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
Even tempered, ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Positive attitude and a sense of humor. (Bonus points for this one!)
Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
This position is voluntary and there is no compensation provided during the internship.
To Apply: Interested applicants, please provide a resume, hours of availability, and a letter explaining your career goals to email@example.com.
Trust, Convenience, and Value
At Raintree Animal Hospital, we respect your bond with your pet, and we are dedicated to meeting your needs and concerns while providing the highest quality care for your pet—from birth through their senior years.
Mon-Fri: 7:30 am to 6:00 pm
Sat: 7:30 am to 12:00 pm